I was lucky enough to do a presentation for my Mops Group on the top items a Stylish Mom Wardrobe should include. This is the Spring Edition and I will be doing an edition for all seasons to come, quarterly! First of all, if you don’t know what MOPS is, it is a community of moms who gather together a few times a month for fellowship and fun- it stands for “Moms of preschoolers” and they have groups all over the US! If you are looking for friends, yummy food, and helpful content for parenting, you should join this group! They are all over the states, Im sure there is one in your area.
Here are the top 10 items I touched on. Each item is linked so you can shop by clicking the item. If you already have one of these items, your on the right track. Please ask me any questions you might have – you can DM me on Instagram or ask me a question in the comments section! Below I explain a little bit more why each item is a necessity!
- A Good Topper – The top piece you put on before you leave the house. It completes every look. Military Jacket (pictured) , I also equally love a good denim jacket and a good, cozy lightweight cardigan for warmer months. Check out my post on another good topper option here.
- YOUR mom Jeans – jeans you can mom in while looking pulled together and still remaining comfortable. A high waisted skinny these are good for a mom tummy. They have the perfect amount of stretch as well. I am a fan of these jeans for a non-high rise option (still a really good flattering color and fit)and these for a distressed version – if you already own a darker wash pair.
- A striped tee – Just an elevated option to a basic tee. AND make sure the stripes are not equal width (that one is slimmer than the other ) this way it is more flattering on all body types. Also, choose a body you like most. Striped one pictured above, and this one too.
- These 4 pair of shoes – A stylish sneaker – these can be anything you like. From KEDS to Target, just not a workout shoe. A low heeled booty, this shoe can be worn with everything but a cocktail dress – so versatile and necessary with Mom life. A comfortable neutral sandal (pictured), and a Dressier nude shoe. I chose these wedges but can be something like this or this as well.
- A dress up/dress down legging – These can be workout leggings but worn in a non-workout way. I prefer a high waist because they help secure the tummy region. These ones are great (pictured) and I love these too.
- A day dress – It is nice and easy to slip on a dress and not have to worry about the rest of your look all day. This is why dresses are amazing for Spring and Summer. I look for a sleeve (so I can wear a normal bra) a longer hemline so I can bend down, and a loose fit so I can move around. Midi T-shirt Dress (Pictured), Chambray Dress (Pictured). Checkout my favorite day dress here.
- Date Night Dress – can also serve as a cocktail or wedding guest dress. I love the idea of putting on something that makes you feel beautiful and leaving your house with your husband, to spend time together just the two of you. You all are the most important part of your little family. Don’t forget about the people you were before you had your babies. Floral Wrap Dress, Black Mini Dress, Pink Mock-neck Dress.
- White Top – I love to switch my white tops out during the seasons. In the warmer months I love a flow tunic type body. Great to wear with leggings and denim and shorts in the summer. This is a great piece that can transition from day to night by adding accessories and doing a front tuck.
- Basics – Long Maternity Tanks, these are so great for length. I wear mine year round. They are inexpensive and soft. Tee shirts (should have 2-3 good tees that are your go-tos during the week. Find your fit – v neck, crew neck, notch neck, or muscle tees. So many options to choose from.
- Chambray Shirt – Such a great new version of the white button up top. Great option to throw on over a dress or tank in the warmer months as a light jacket. I love the ones where you can wear them with long sleeves or you can roll the sleeves up and button them, like this one here. Also pictured here and Short Sleeve Version here.
For more mom outfit inspiration check out my outfit here & here.
Let me know your feedback and please, ask me your style questions! Im always happy to help,